Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's the most wonderful time...of the year! (Are you singing along with me?)

Ok, so it's about Christmas, but I really love the kick off of Thanksgiving. I love to cook with my family, have everyone over, wait to see what the inevitable disaster will be, you know, all the good stuff.

The turkey is brining, the bread is cubed and toasted, the mini pumpkin cheesecakes are cooling, the mashed potatoes are made and ready to be heated up. Tomorrow we will finish up all the cleaning and setting up and roast the turkeys, make the gravy...have I mentioned I love this time of year?

Can't seem to find any posts about my dry brine method, I'll have to post that soon. Easiest method ever.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Lleni, I have read a lot about brining a turkey and even bought a jar of salt and spices...so pretty, but have not gotten the courage to do it. If you ever post about it, I'd love to try your method. Thank you and blessings in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely do that! I've been on a bit of hiatus during the holidays, but I'm back in the kitchen again. ;o) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete